We are shortly headed to a high travel season. That is why in an effort to help you avoid travel disasters at the airport we have located some of the best Airport Travel Tips for your upcoming getaway. Read more to find out the best Airport Travel Tips. Courtesy of TSA spokeswoman Lorie Dankers.
5 Best Airport Travel Tips
1. “The tip that I have for people before they travel, unpack your bag completely before you pack it. They may have used that bag for a hunting trip, a road trip, someone else may have used the bag and they are unaware of the contents of it,” said Dankers.
2. Knives are the most common items they find in carry on bags and all are prohibited, including Ulu knives and ones that resemble a credit card.
“I happen to have a couple of these in my kitchen and these are the sharpest knives in my drawer,” she added when talking about credit card knives. Firearms and tools over seven inches are also not allowed. If you do find yourself at the checkpoint with these items, you don’t have to say goodbye forever.Checkpoints now have mailing service boxes or you can always stick it in your checked bag.
3. Christopher Vanderweele, a Lead Transportation Security Officer for Ted Stevens International Airport said “just last week we had honor flight veterans come through and a man had a small knife he used to clean his fingernails. We made sure to get that to someone accompanying them that could give it to him once he returned to town.”
4. Liquids 100 milliliters or more have been banned since 2006, as they are the number one component of an explosive. The biggest threat to aviation. Still though, bottles of water are constantly found in people’s carry on bags.
5. Dankers has an idea for travelers who don’t want to spend four dollars for a bottle of water at the gate.
“You can bring empty water bottle through the security check point, have it screened and then once you’re through. Fill it up with water or whatever, an empty water bottle is not a problem.
With these Airport Travel Tips you will surely have a good airport travel experience. Enjoy your upcoming vacations!